Meditation Teacher Training 2023
10-Week Level 1 Meditation Teacher Training Program
NEW FALL 2023 TRAINING NOW OPEN
NEW START DATE!
September 26th – December 12th, 2023
11:30 am – 1:00 pm EST
(no class on 10/17 or 10/31)
LIVE IN-PERSON and LIVESTREAM
Save your spot today for this truly transformative experience!
about the program
In this unique, in-depth Pause to be Present™ Meditation Teacher Training, you will have the opportunity to explore and deepen your own meditation practice and acquire the knowledge and skillset to teach others how to enjoy the benefits of meditation and mindfulness.
This training is suitable for anyone looking to deepen their own understanding of mindfulness and meditation and share it with others. This training is perfect for:
- Yoga teachers looking to deepen their understanding of meditation and how to guide others through the practice.
- Parents and caregivers looking to integrate these holistic practices into their homes, parenting and caregiving.
- Health care professionals, social workers, psychologists, educators, coaches, and fitness instructors interested in adding meditation to their professional offerings.
Our fundamental belief is that the best teachers are those with deep and authentic personal practice. For that reason, we spend significant time in this training helping you cultivate your own deep personal practice from which you will have an understanding and depth of practice to guide others.
Upon completion of this program, participants will have the option to complete a teaching practicum and receive a teacher certification.
in this program, you will…
- Develop your own unique teaching style through expert led workshops and interactive discussions
- Learn practical approaches to lead guided and silent meditation
- Explore many different meditation styles and techniques to broaden your understanding of meditative practices, including concentration, compassion and open awareness practices
- Understand how to set up for meditation and teach the basic practices to others
- Gain a conceptual overview of ancient eastern philosophies
- Explore the basic neuroscience and psychology of meditation
- Gain an understanding of meditation from the historic, neuroscience, psychological, and experiential perspectives
what you get…
- 15 hours of LIVE instruction with option to attend VIRTUALLY
- 1.5 hours per week of group learning, practice and discussion
- Weekly readings and assignments to be completed in between sessions
- One-On-One mentoring sessions to help with individual questions
- 3-Month Pause Virtual Unlimited Membership included with full access to all LIVE and ON DEMAND classes
- Teaching Lab for those interested in certification that enables you to gain experience teaching and leading others in meditation, and receive feedback from peers and teachers in a supportive and friendly environment to help you gain comfort and expertise in teaching.
To be eligible for teacher certification, participants must:
- Have a regular meditation practice
- Attend all classes
- Complete all outside reading and assignments
- Commit to a personal daily meditation practice
- Successfully complete the Teaching Practicum
Registration includes free Pause Unlimited Membership with full access to all live and on-demand classes thru December 2023
To pay by credit card, click HERE.
*Please note that if paying by credit card, the processing fees will be added to the cost.
To pay by VENMO, please send payment to @Pausetobe-Present
To save your spot, please make payment with payment options listed above AND complete the application form HERE.
sign up here
To apply, simply click the “sign up” button below, complete the application form, and register by submitting payment. We will reach out to you shortly to confirm your enrollment once those are complete.
about the instructor…
Cheryl is the Co-Founder of Pause to be Present, Westchester’s Premier Meditation Studio and 2bpresent, a website and blog about mindful living. As one of the leading experts on mindfulness in the New York area, Cheryl has created and led hundreds of programs and taught mindfulness locally and nationally to thousands of adults, teens and children in schools, businesses and privately. Once a corporate litigator and investment banker, Cheryl now uses her decades of personal practice and training to write, speak and teach about the transformative practice of mindfulness meditation. As a busy mother of three, she has expertise in mindful parenting, stress reduction, finding balance and making these ancient practices accessible in our busy, modern lives.
Cheryl has had extensive training in the fields of meditation and mindfulness. She is a featured expert on the Simple Habit, Insight Timer and Journey LIVE meditation apps. She is also the creator of www.2bpresent.com and 2bpTV Meditation Channel on YouTube, where she offers online resources that have helped thousands of people discover the true gifts of learning how to slow down and connect inward to their inner strengths, stillness and unlimited potential.
Cheryl has trained with some of the leading experts in the field of mindfulness and meditation, attended silent retreats and completed many teacher certifications. Included in her own training are Level 1 and 2 Meditation Teacher Training with David Nichtern, Year Long Teacher Training Certification with Mindful Schools, MBSR-T and MBSR training, Learning to Breathe Teacher Certification, and Search Inside Yourself Mindful Leadership Training,